Thursday, October 23, 2008

Me....who else?

Well, I guess the most logical place to start my initial foray into the worldwide blogosphere is a brief intoduction of myself - namely why the heck you should take the time to read what I have to say. I'm a 21 year old college senior pursuing a degree in Marketing. I've lived my entire life in dreary Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, but I do have to admit - the city has grown on me. I love it here. My passions in life are the same as others my age - family, friends, and sports, usually in that order. However, as former San Francisco Giants utility infielder Al Gallagher once said, "There are three things in my life which I really love: God, my family, and baseball. The only problem - once baseball season starts, I change the order around a bit." I guess I follow that philosophy a bit. If it comes down to a night of drinking with friends, or staying in to watch Game 6 of the Red Sox/Rays ALCS, I can be found on my couch. Oh, and don't even bother trying to get ahold of me during Saturday (or Friday) during the Breeders' Cup. In 2003, I discovered and truly fell in love with horse racing. I could sidetrack here and go on about stories involving Kentucky Derby trips, Preakness trips, internet forums, new friends, and a myriad of stories ranging from hilarious to heartbreaking, but that's not really the point of this.

I've been meaning to start a blog for years, and I guess I finally just decided that now was the right time to get around to writing it. I highly doubt that I'll be breaking any news here - I have no real sources in the industry, and in the event that I do hear something, I'm generally not at liberty to discuss it publically out of respect to the connections of the horse. However, I will do my best to fill that void with interesting commentaries and opinions, as well as handicapping advice and maybe even some new ideas for those in the industry. Plus, this blog will not be limited to horse racing - I plan on typing about whatever is on my mind - football, baseball, hockey, basketball, life, Lacey Chabert, and anything else that seems worthy of an opinion. So at this point, my own mother has probably stopped reading, so I'll cut this one short and work on my selections for Ladies' Day at the Breeders' Cup!

No comments: